Tsugawa Nursery: 410 E. Scott Ave., Woodland. One- to two-hour seminars and events. Events are free unless noted. Registration is required. * 360-225-8750 or http://tsugawanursery.com.
• Edible Landscaping: 1 p.m. Sept. 17. Bring a photo or drawing of your yard to get help incorporating edibles into the landscape.
• Bonsai Collection of the Pacific Coast: 11 a.m. Sept. 24. Gregor Buel will discuss some of the bonsai collections he has visited throughout the Northwest.
• Fall Containers: 1 p.m. Sept. 24. How to extend containers throughout the seasons.
• Bonsai Group: 1 p.m. Sept. 24. Tips and techniques from experienced bonsai enthusiasts.
Woodland Farmers Market: 3-7 p.m. Fridays through Sept. 30, Horseshoe Lake Park in downtown Woodland.
Urban Growers Market: 4-8 p.m. the second Friday of the month through Oct. 14 at One World, 2315 Main St. Market features backyard growers, farmers, food vendors and local artisans. * 360-737-8298 or http://urbangrowersmarket.com.
Shorty’s Garden and Home: 10006 S.E. Mill Plain Blvd. Free. Registration required. * 360-892-7880.
• Fall Lawn Care: Fertilizing, Weed Treatment and More: 10 a.m. to noon Sept. 17. Tom Combs will discuss organic and traditional season maintenance. Raffle follows seminar.
• Fall Veggies: 1 to 3 p.m. Sept. 17. Strategies, bed preparation for fall and winter, cover crop, composting, mulching and fertilizing.
• Spring Blooming Bulbs: 10 a.m. to noon Sept. 24. Kellie Sinclair on proper planting depth, bed layout and bulb combinations.
Backyard Composting Workshops: 6-8 p.m. Sept. 22 and 10 a.m. to noon Oct. 8, Columbia Springs, 12208 S.E. Evergreen Highway. Learn how to start a compost pile, when it is finished and what type of bin to use. Free. Registration required. * 360-882-0936, ext. 224 or www.columbiasprings.org/mcr/classes.html.
Minnehaha Garden Gate Club Standard Flower Show: Noon to 1:30 p.m. Sept. 21, Minnehaha Grange, 4905 N.E. St. Johns Blvd. * 360-693-6126.
Grow Vancouver: Where Growers Meet: 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. Sept. 20, Unitarian Universalist Church of Vancouver, 4505 E. 18th St. Break off into small groups for discussion and to brainstorm solutions. Bring a potluck dish and a hot garden project or topic. * firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hulda Klager Lilac Gardens meeting: 1 p.m. Sept. 27, 115 South Pekin Road, Woodland. Tsugawa Nursery on “Trees and Perennials for Fall Color.” Refreshments will be served. * 360-606-7359 or email@example.com.
Vancouveria Garden Club: Noon to 2 p.m. the third Tuesday of every month, Covington House, 4201 Main St. * 360-936-6515.
Vancouver Chrysanthemum Society: 2:30 p.m. the third Monday of every month, Heritage Farm, 1919 N.E. 78th St. 360-896-7278.
Send information to firstname.lastname@example.org.