Worker electrocuted while power-washing silo in Woodland
Boss performed CPR until paramedics arrivecd
Originally published September 19, 2011 at 4:46 p.m., updated September 19, 2011 at 9:42 p.m.
A Vancouver man died Monday afternoon after being electrocuted in a high-lift machine while power-washing a silo at Furrer Construction in Woodland.
Although no one saw the accident, it’s believed that he or another object touched a nearby power line, according to a bulletin from the Clark County Sheriff’s Office.
The man was found collapsed in the high lift.
His boss, Hans Furrer, performed CPR on him until paramedics with AMR Norhwest ambulance and Cowlitz County Fire District 7 arrived.
A Life Flight air ambulance was called to land at the Woodland Airport, but the man was pronounced dead at the scene.
Firefighters from Cowlitz County responded to the report just after noon, at 418 Northwest Hayes Road.
The electrocuted man was unresponsive while first responders performed CPR, according to radio traffic monitored at The Columbian. His name had not been released as of The Columbian’s press time.
The Clark County Sheriff’s Office will be investigating, an emergency dispatcher said.
John Branton: 360-735-4513 or email@example.com.