Electrical fire damages bathroom in Felida home

By Paul Suarez, Columbian web producer

Published:

 

Firefighters on Friday afternoon quickly put out a fire in the bathroom of a Felida home.

The fire was reported at a single-story home at 1512 N.W. 119th St. right around 1 p.m. Clark County Fire District 6 responded.

The fire started in a ceiling fan and caused $1,000 in damage, district spokeswoman Dawn Johnson said.

The minor blaze was contained to the bathroom and didn’t spread to the home’s attic. There was light smoke damage to the rest of the home, she said.