Oxygen tank explosion injures man in Hillsboro

Published:

 

HILLSBORO, Ore. (AP) -- An ambulance service employee is hospitalized in Portland with burns from an oxygen tank explosion.

Metro West Ambulance says 25-year-old Eric Nehl of Scappoose was filing oxygen tanks Sunday morning at a garage in Hillsboro when a malfunctioning valve caused the explosion and fire.

His father told The Oregonian (http://is.gd/MCrb4w ) Nehl suffered first- and second-degree flash burns and is in intensive care at Legacy Emmanuel Medical Center.

Eric Nehl also is a volunteer firefighter with the Scappoose Fire District.

___

Information from: The Oregonian, http://www.oregonlive.com