Beaches hosts Free Clinic fundraiser
Tuesday, April 17, 2012
Beaches Restaurant & Bar is hosting a fundraiser for the Free Clinic of Southwest Washington this week.
The event takes place during lunch and dinner Thursday, April 19 at both Beaches locations — the Vancouver waterfront, 1919 S.E. Columbia River Drive, and Portland airport. Beaches will donate 50 percent of the bill to the Free Clinic when diners mention the nonprofit.
Beaches suggests diners make reservations by calling 360-699-1592 for the Vancouver restaurant or 503-335-8385 for the airport location.
The Free Clinic provides free health, dental, vision and specialty care to low-income, uninsured Clark County residents. About 98 percent of the nonprofit’s funding comes from community donations and grants, leaving about 2 percent of the budget to come from government funding.