Mold may force workers out of Union Gap City Hall

Published:

 

UNION GAP, Wash. (AP) -- Mold may force some workers out of the Union Gap City Hall.

Officials are making moving and clean-up plans Wednesday.

Fire Chief Chris Jensen told The Yakima Herald-Republic (http://is.gd/0Z9D4e ) mold has been a problem since last summer, with some employees reporting a foul smell and nausea. An environmental assessment found high levels of mold spores in a sample of dry wall in the mayor's office.

The state Department of Labor and Industries recommended moving 17 City Hall employees. That includes the municipal court system.

Jensen hopes to have bids from clean-up contractors as soon as possible.

The library is in the same building but will not be closed. No mold was found in that part of the building, and officials believe there are no health risks in the library.

___

Information from: Yakima Herald-Republic, http://www.yakimaherald.com