The Ridgefield Community Library is changing its Wednesday-through-Friday hours. The new weekly schedule, which will continue to total 41 hours, is:
• 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. Tuesday (no change).
• 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Wednesday (subtracts two hours.
• 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Thursday (adds one hour).
• 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Friday (adds one hour).
• 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday (no change).
“We’ve found that very few people come to the Ridgefield library Wednesday night, making 6 to 8 p.m. a very underused two hours in our schedule,” Ridgefield Community Librarian Sean McGill said.
“At the same time, patrons have specifically asked us for longer hours on Thursdays and Fridays, so we’re shifting our staffing so we can offer a more convenient schedule.”
The library has a staff of four, including McGill. It circulated nearly 63,000 items in 2011. The library is at 210 N. Main Ave.