Clark County homeless council's luncheon announced
Friday, August 3, 2012
Eight Clark County citizens will be honored for their work to end homelessness during the 13th annual "Hope & Action" luncheon put on by the Council for the Homeless.
The Council will also unveil plans to better coordinate services for homeless people among many partner agencies. The keynote speaker will be Barbe West, executive director of the Free Clinic of Southwest Washington.
The event is set for 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Friday, Sept. 21, at the Hilton Vancouver Washington, 301 West Sixth Street.
Individual tickets are $40, or $375 for a table of 10. Reservations required. Purchase tickets or tables online at http://icfth.com.
This year's "Hope & Action" honorees are:
• Community Advocates: Judy Enders and David Slocum.
• Community Volunteer: CarolLee Cotter, Yes Properties.
• Quiet Hero: Sheree Thun, Council for the Homeless Shelter Clearinghouse.
• Community Partner: Kate Budd, Clark County Department of Community Services.
• Community Partner: Amy Reynolds, Share.
• Community Supporter: HopeLift.
• Special Recognition: Pete Munroe, Clark County Department of Community Services.