Clark County business briefs
Sunday, August 19, 2012
People in business
• Mari Ripp, city clerk-treasurer, and Gina Anderson, deputy clerk-treasurer in Woodland, recently received the professional finance officer award from the Washington Finance Officers Association. This is the 13th year each of them has received this award.
• Matthew Preston was recently appointed executive director at Cascade Park Care Center, a skilled nursing and rehabilitation facility run by Life Care Centers of America. Preston most recently oversaw operations at Life Care's three Oregon buildings. He also is past director at Life Care Center of McMinnville, Ore.
• Avaly Mobbs has joined the board of the Clark County-based Responsible Growth Forum. Mobbs is executive director for the Building Industry Association of Clark County. She is a Washington State University graduate.
• Doug Sarkkinen, a senior structural engineer for Otak Inc. working out of the company's Vancouver office, has been given principal status at the Lake Oswego, Ore.-based engineering and urban design firm. Sarkkinen's specialty is concrete structures and bridges, and he has authored 16 papers presented at technical conferences.
• General manager Bill Hess of Van Mall, an independent and assisted living community in Vancouver, was recognized as a national top performer in the retirement community industry by the Seattle-based senior housing management company "Leisure Care, a One Eighty brand." Van Mall won recognition as a "Five-Star Performer" for its food service and activities departments in 2011.
Other business news
• Amit Gosalia has purchased the Audiology Clinic Inc. from business partners Al Hicks and clinical audiologist Nancy Bowen. Hicks and Bowen will continue working at Audiology Clinic. The hearing care practice has two Vancouver locations.
The Columbian welcomes submissions about Clark County residents or businesses, as well as regional business events. Information must be received by noon of the Tuesday preceding the intended Sunday publication date. Send to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax 360-735-4491. Sales awards are not published.