People in business
• John Klindworth has been hired as land survey technician by MacKay & Sposito Inc. engineering firm in Vancouver. He is a registered land surveyor-in-training with a degree in civil engineering technology. He has experience in boundary research and construction calculations, as well as construction plan documents.
• Tim Shell has joined OBEC Consulting Engineers as a senior project manager and office manager of the company's newly opened Vancouver location at 1111 Main St. Shell's experience includes management of design teams for local, state and federally funded transportation projects, port projects and utility projects. OBEC is based in Eugene, Ore., with offices in the Oregon communities of Lake Oswego, Salem and Medford. The company's Vancouver office will employ 11 full-time employees.
• MacKay & Sposito Inc. engineering firm in Vancouver has added two new employees to its survey department. Kevin Van Deventer joined the firm as a computer-aided design technician. He has managed projects from planning to construction for single-home sites, large-scale subdivisions, and municipal water and waste treatment systems. Ryan McFarlane has joined the firm as field survey technician. He brings a background in field procedures and data collection. He also has experience surveying for bridge, building and infrastructure work.
• Stefanie Narhi has joined the M.J. Murdock Charitable Trust as executive assistant. She has 17 years of experience in business and nonprofit administration. Most recently, Narhi was with OHSU Foundation.
• Evergreen Insurance Inc., an independent agency serving Washington and Oregon, has added Pamela Frost to the agency. Frost is a licensed insurance professional with more than 22 years of experience.
The Columbian welcomes submissions about Clark County residents or businesses, as well as regional business events. Information must be received by noon of the Tuesday preceding the intended Sunday publication date. Send to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax 360-735-4491. Sales awards are not published.