New Year's Day closures
Monday, December 31, 2012
What's open and what's closed on New Year's Day:
• MAIL: Post offices closed. The postal unit at Shell, 1605 N.W. Sixth Ave., Camas, is open 5 a.m. to 2 a.m. every day of the year. No home delivery except Express Mail.
• GARBAGE: Trash and recyclables normally picked up on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday or Friday by Waste Connections in Vancouver and most of Clark County will be picked up one day late. Friday's normal collection will be picked up Saturday. In Camas, Tuesday's trash and recyclables will be picked up Wednesday with Wednesday's regular collections.
• PUBLIC LIBRARIES: Closed.
• CLARK PUBLIC UTILITIES: Offices closed. For 24-hour customer service, call 360-992-3000. For outages or emergencies, call 360-992-8000.
• GOVERNMENT OFFICES: Closed.
• BUSES: C-Tran follows Sunday/holiday schedule. Offices closed. TriMet follows the Sunday schedule.
• DRIVER'S LICENSING: Closed.
• EMISSIONS TESTING: Closed.
• VEHICLE LICENSING: Closed.
• BANKS: Closed.
• ZOO: Oregon Zoo open.
• MARSHALL COMMUNITY CENTER: Closed.
• FIRSTENBURG COMMUNITY CENTER: Closed.
• WESTFIELD VANCOUVER MALL: Open 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. Department stores' hours may be different.
• THE COLUMBIAN: Offices closed. Circulation customer service open 4:30 a.m. to noon.