Tsugawa Nursery: 410 E. Scott Ave., Woodland. Events are free unless noted. Register: 360-225-8750 or http://tsugawanursery.com.
• 11 a.m. Feb. 18: A Root-Over-Rock workshop will show how to carve and drill your rock to prepare it for planting. $35 fee includes plant, rock, pot and soil. Pre-registration required.
• 1 p.m. Feb 18: Bonsai Group. Open to all skill levels; learn tips and techniques.
Rain Barrel Workshop: 9 to 11 a.m. Feb. 11 at the Heritage Farm, 1919 N.E. 78th St. Workshop includes instruction on assembly and installation, barrel, parts and snacks. $35. http://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/219618.
Shorty’s Nursery: 10006 Mill Plain Blvd. Events are free unless noted. Register: 360-892-7880 or http://www.shortysgardenandhome.com/?cid=998.
• 10 a.m. to noon Feb. 11: Early Season Seed Starting. Toree Heibert will give an overview of indoor and outdoor seed starting for vegetable gardens, including strategies, tools and specific varieties to start early. Bring questions; a Q&A session will follow.n 1 to 3 p.m. Feb. 11: Living Valentines Gifts. Hands-on workshop.
• 10 a.m. to noon Feb. 18: Back Yard Birding in the Pacific Northwest. Tom Combs will discuss feeders, seed options, pest prevention and hummingbird and squirrel feeders.
• 10 a.m. to noon Feb. 25: Japanese Maples Demystified. Learn proper tree care, pruning techniques and specific varieties.
Rose Care: 10 a.m. Feb. 18 at Yard N Garden Land, 1501 N.E. 102nd St. Presented by the Fort Vancouver Rose Society. Learn how to prune and care for roses. Common fungus control, insect and disease issues, and fertilizers will be discussed. Free. 360-573-7172.
Mason Bees for the Backyard Gardener: 10 a.m. to noon Feb. 25 at Center for Agricultural, Scientific and Environmental Education, 11104 N.E. 149th St., Room 206, Brush Prairie. Brigg Franklin, bee herder, will assist with a mason bee unit assembly demonstration. Free to NatureScaping members; $15 for nonmembers. Register: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
VanRidge Garden Club: 10 a.m. Feb. 20 at Pleasant View Church of the Nazarene, 801 N.E. 194th St., Ridgefield. Spring in Bloom presented by Dorothy Dwyer, followed by an auction and potluck. * 360-574-7965.
Camas-Washougal Community Garden Club: 1 p.m. the fourth Wednesday of each month. Camas Community Center, 1817 S.E. Seventh Ave. Visitors welcome. 360-210-8012.
Hulda Klager Lilac Gardens: 1 p.m. Feb. 28, 115 S. Pekin Road, Woodland. Presentation on Woodland history by Noel Johnson. Refreshments. * 360-606-7359.
Fort Vancouver Rose Society meeting: 7 to 9 p.m. the first Thursday of each month, Clark County Genealogy Annex, 7165 Grand Blvd. Meet rose lovers and learn from experts. Free. 360-696-1331.
Vancouveria Garden Club: 12:30 to 3 p.m. the third Tuesday of each month, Covington House, 4201 Main St. 360-936-6515.
Vancouver Chrysanthemum Society: 2:30 p.m. the third Monday of every month, Heritage Farm, 1919 N.E. 78th St. 360-896-7278.
Send information to email@example.com.