FIFA studies Warner evidence on $250,000 Haiti aid

Published:

 

ZURICH (AP) -- FIFA is studying evidence from former vice president Jack Warner about alleged missing aid to Haiti after the 2010 earthquake.

FIFA says Warner "has submitted very detailed documentation" about the governing body's $250,000 donation which he applied for, and was given, to fund soccer rebuilding projects on the Caribbean island.

Haiti officials told British newspaper The Sunday Times last month that they received just $60,000.

The soccer federation in Warner's native Trinidad and Tobago then said it had "surrendered" authority by giving him control of bank accounts that also held a $500,000 Haiti donation from former FIFA vice president Chung Mong-joon.

Last week, Trinidad and Tobago's soccer federation said it plans to sue Warner to recover millions of dollars in funds.