People in business
• Portland Monthly Magazine has named six physicians at Vancouver-based Rebound Orthopedics & Neurosurgery on its annual top doctors list. They are Todd Borus; Jay Crary; Jerod Cottrill; Greg Gramstad; Douglas Musgrave; and Donald Roberts. The magazine chose its “2012 Top Doctors” out of 6,300 Portland-area physicians. The magazine worked with Seattle-based Avvo, which rates medical professionals, to produce the rankings. Avvo rated all medical doctors in Multnomah, Washington, Clackamas counties in Oregon, and Clark County.
• PeaceHealth Southwest Medical Center Foundation has named Ron Keil, Jan Wolf and Rick Terrell to the board of directors. Keil is the former owner of Keil’s Food Stores and previously served on the hospital board when PeaceHealth Southwest was known as St. Joseph Community Hospital. Wolf is a community volunteer who has served on the foundation board. Terrell is co-founder and chairman of the board of RS Medical, a Vancouver-based company that provides physician-prescribed pain-management and rehabilitation products and services.
• Sweetie Pies, a pie and pastry shop, has opened inside Swoon Antiques, 1006 Main St. The owner and baker, Linda Davis, specializes in homemade pies, cinnamon rolls and bar cookies. Hours: 9:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. Tuesday through Saturday. * 360-513-8205.
• The Training Department, an offsite training management service for small and midsized companies, will begin working with clients Jan. 2 in Southwest Washington and Portland. Susan Edwards heads the company, which aligns employee training and development initiatives with clients’ goals to improve overall performance. * http://www.training-dept.com, 360-852-4142.
Other business news
• Agents at Windermere/Crest Realty Co., through the Windermere Foundation, recently donated $900 to the C.A.R.O.L. program and $900 to the Children’s Home Society of Washington’s East County Family Resource Center as thanks for providing services that assist low-income and homeless families in Camas and Washougal. It was the third year in a row both recipients have been awarded money from the agents. Brandon Roberts is the foundation coordinator for the Camas Real Estate Office.