Clark County business briefs
Sunday, January 8, 2012
People in business
• Julie Hill, an advertising and design professional, has joined iQ Credit Union as marketing manager. She will manage all daily marketing activity including retail merchandising and design and production of advertising campaigns and communication tools.
• The Northwest Association for Blind Athletes has appointed Jason Reid to its board of directors. Reid is a sales manager and partner with Southwest Office Systems in Vancouver. http://www.nwaba.org.
• Kate Sacamano is the new community partnership manager for The Columbian. She will work with nonprofit organizations throughout Clark County who receive sponsorship support from the newspaper as well as oversee the annual Clark County Economic Forecast breakfast and First Citizen Award. Sacamano was previously the executive director of the Hough Foundation.
• State Rep. Ed Orcutt, R-Kalama, has been named 2011 Person of the Year by the Building Industry Group, the political action arm of the Building Industry Association of Clark County. Sponsors of the event are: Pinnacle Mortgage Planning, Gaither Homes and Echo Construction.
• Kathy Calcagno has joined the wealth management team of First Independent Bank as a private banking relationship manager. She last worked as executive development director for the Brian Grant Foundation.
• Southwest Medical Group plastic surgeon Dr. Allen Gabriel has been ranked among the top physicians in the nation based on patient reviews submitted through web-based rating service vitals.com. Vitals.com grants annual Patient Choice Awards to physicians who have received near perfect scores as voted by their patients. Out of the nation’s 720,000 active physicians, only 5 percent received the honor in 2011.
• Attorney John R. Bachofner has been elected to the Oregon Association of Defense Counsel’s board of directors. Bachofner will serve a three-year term. He is a member of both the Washington and Oregon state bar associations. The OADC is a nonprofit organization for defense-oriented civil litigators who have been providing a unified voice for defense concerns in Oregon.