SEATTLE (AP) -- Fire officials say a Seattle house fire that began with a hot plate killed one of 14 cats that were in foster care in the home. Medics treated a second cat with a specially designed pet oxygen mask and sent it on to a veterinary hospital.
KING TV reports (http://is.gd/95Tu4g ) that fire officials say the kitchen fire began Monday when debris fell on a hot plate left plugged in.
KING says the homeowner works for an animal rescue organization called Kitty Harbor, which will take care of the remaining 12 cats while the homeowner stays with friends.
Damage was estimated at $70,000.
Information from: KING-TV, http://www.king5.com/