Generator fumes sicken Hoquiam family of 5
Monday, January 9, 2012
HOQUIAM, Wash. (AP) -- The friend of a Hoquiam family may have saved 5 lives Sunday night by discovering they were suffering from carbon monoxide poisoning.
The Hoquiam Fire Department tells KBKW the power was disconnected at the home and the family was running a generator in the basement.
The friend visited the home, discovered the fumes and called 911. All five family members were taken to a hospital for treatment and one was transferred to a hospital in Seattle.
Information from: KBKW-AM, http://kbkw.com