Residents evacuated in Eugene OR apartment fire
Tuesday, January 10, 2012
EUGENE, Ore. (AP) -- A fire at the Skybox Apartments near the University of Oregon campus in Eugene prompted the temporary evacuation of about 100 residents.
Firefighter Joe Spriggs tells The Register-Guard the Tuesday night fire apparently started on a stove in one unit. The unit's sprinkler system extinguished the blaze.
The new, student-oriented apartments are located near Matthew Knight Arena.
Information from: The Register-Guard, http://www.registerguard.com