PENDLETON, Ore. (AP) -- Two Eastern Oregon landmarks have been added to the National Register of Historic Places, both in the town of Weston, which will help ensure their preservation.
The Weston school, an 1882 building that housed a Methodist academy and public schools, was used until 1973, the East Oregonian reports (http://bit.ly/wy8Y6T ).
The second addition to the register, the Winn barn, was built in 1916 with a Gothic-arch roof.
Weston is about 15 miles south of the Washington state border. It is home to 15 other properties on the register.
Listing on the national register allows the owner to apply for grants to help preserve and rehabilitate the structure and claim tax credits, among other benefits.