Investigators suspect cigarette in woman's death
Monday, January 16, 2012
PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) -- Investigators believe a Lake Oswego woman found dead in her apartment ignited her clothing with cigarette.
The body of 43-year-old Sarah Lamoureux was discovered by her mother on Saturday.
A Lake Oswego fire official tells The Oregonian (http://bit.ly/w50cGy) that Lamoureaux was apparently smoking at her kitchen table when her clothing caught on fire. She then apparently went to the sink to put out the flames.
Officials say the fire caused little damage and was contained to the kitchen. They are calling the incident an unfortunate accident and don't believe the blaze is suspicious.