Talking Points: 10 reasons Chip Kelly turned down Bucs
Wednesday, January 25, 2012
What’s the buzz from the world of sports? Here are some items that will have people talking:
The top 10 reasons why Oregon coach Chip Kelly really turned down a job offer from the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
10) Every NFL team has really, really fast players.
9) Tampa Bay mascot could only do eight push-ups.
8) NFC South Division does not contain Washington State.
7) NFL coaches don’t get post-game interviews with Erin Andrews.
6) Kelly was worried that LaGarrette Blount might punch someone if Bucs played the Broncos.
5) NFL would not let Kelly create his own 2012 schedule to include Colts, Rams, Vikings and Browns.
4) Suddenly realized that “Bucs” rhymes with “sucks.”
3) Buccaneers could not offer better salary package than Oregon.
2) NFL requires coaches to comment on all player injuries.
1) Those Tampa Bay uniforms are REALLY ugly.
Penn State offered free tickets to a memorial service for Joe Paterno.
Some of those tickets ended up on sale on eBay.
The site eventually took down those ads, but the fact that anyone would try to sell tickets to a memorial caused angst among some.
“I think it’s repulsive,” one student told the Associated Press.
Maybe it’s in bad taste, but Paterno was in the making-money business. Not only the football program, but all the merchandise which included his likeness.
If people are willing to fork over money for a memorial service, one could take that as quite a compliment to the person who is being memorialized.
For more Talking Points, follow on Twitter www.twitter.com/talkpoints360