Man critically burned in Seattle house fire
Sunday, January 29, 2012
SEATTLE (AP) -- A man believed to be a transient has been critically burned in a fire at an abandoned home in south Seattle.
Fire Department spokesman Kyle Moore says neighbors reported the fire about 4:30 a.m. Monday, and firefighters had to work their way through blackberry bushes in the yard to get a hose inside.
They found a mattress fire that was apparently started by smoking materials.
The injured man came out of another abandoned home next door. He was taken to Harborview Medical Center in Seattle with second- and third-degree burns over half his body.