What's open, closed on Fourth of July
Monday, July 2, 2012
What’s open and what’s closed on the Fourth of July:
• GARBAGE: Waste Connections will operate on its regular schedule. In Camas, pickups normally made on Wednesdays will be made Thursday.
• MAIL: Post offices closed. No home delivery except for Express Mail. The postal unit inside the Shell gas station at Fisher’s Landing, 16320 S.E. Cascade Park Drive, is open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
• PUBLIC SCHOOLS: No classes.
• COLLEGES: No classes at Clark College or Washington State University Vancouver.
• PUBLIC LIBRARIES: Closed.
• BUSES: C-Tran buses follow Sunday/holiday schedules. TriMet buses follow Sunday schedules; MAX and Portland Streetcar follow Saturday schedules.
• GOVERNMENT: Offices closed.
• BANKS: Most closed. Some in-store branches may be open.
• FINANCIAL MARKETS: U.S. markets closed.
• DRIVER LICENSING: Offices closed.
• VEHICLE LICENSING: Closed.
• EMISSIONS TESTING: Stations closed.
• CLARK PUBLIC UTILITIES: Offices closed. For 24-hour customer service, call 360-992-3000. For outages or emergencies, call 360-992-8000.
• FIRSTENBURG COMMUNITY CENTER: Closed.
• MARSHALL COMMUNITY CENTER: Closed.
• WESTFIELD VANCOUVER MALL: Mall open 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Hours of department stores and restaurants may vary.
• ZOO: Oregon Zoo open.
• THE COLUMBIAN: Offices closed. Circulation lines, 360-694-2312, open 4:30 a.m. to noon.