Fourth of July closures
Wednesday, July 4, 2012
What's open and what's closed for the Fourth of July:
• GARBAGE: Waste Connections will operate on its regular schedule. In Camas, pickups normally made Wednesdays will be made Thursday.
• MAIL: Post offices closed. No home delivery except for Express Mail. The postal unit inside the Shell gas station at Fisher's Landing, 16320 S.E. Cascade Park Drive, is open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
• PUBLIC SCHOOLS: Closed.
• COLLEGES: No classes at Clark College or Washington State University Vancouver.
• PUBLIC LIBRARIES: Closed.
• BUSES: C-Tran buses follow Sunday/holiday schedules. TriMet buses follow Sunday schedules; MAX and Portland Streetcar follow Saturday schedules.
• GOVERNMENT: Offices closed.
• BANKS: Most closed. Some in-store branches might be open.
• FINANCIAL MARKETS: U.S. markets closed.
• DRIVER LICENSING: Closed.
• VEHICLE LICENSING: Closed.
• EMISSIONS TESTING: Closed.
• CLARK PUBLIC UTILITIES: Offices closed. For 24-hour customer service, call 360-992-3000. For outages or emergencies, call 360-992-8000.
• FIRSTENBURG COMMUNITY CENTER: Closed.
• MARSHALL COMMUNITY CENTER: Closed.
• WESTFIELD VANCOUVER MALL: Open 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Hours of department stores and restaurants might vary.
• ZOO: Oregon Zoo in Portland is open 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
• THE COLUMBIAN: Office closed. The circulation line, 360-694-2312, is open 4:30 a.m. to noon.