UPDATE: 4 arrested after police raid central Vancouver house

Four held for questioning in case involving stolen property, drugs




Deputies with the Clark County Sheriff’s Tactical Detective Unit and SWAT officers with armored equipment raided a house north of Highway 500 early Friday.

The raid took place a little after 5 a.m. at 5100 N.E. 44th St., a single-family house north of state Highway 500 in the Truman neighborhood.

Detectives suspected people in the house were in possession of firearms, money, jewelry and gold stolen in the burglary of a Battle Ground-area home a few weeks ago, said sheriff’s spokesman Sgt. Fred Neiman.

Detectives found some of those items in the house during the search, he said. None of the firearms were recovered and remain unaccounted for, according to a sheriff’s office news release.

Three men and a woman were arrested after questioning. Freddie Bazan, 20, was arrested on suspicion of violating parole. Jesse S. Bazan, 22, was arrested for allegedly possessing stolen property. Both Michael Chacon, 20, and Kaydee M. Lee, 23, were arrested on suspicion of possessing a controlled substance.

Several vehicles reportedly left the house shortly before the raid, prompting deputies to make traffic stops to detain possible suspects, said Sgt. Shane Gardner.

Deputies used a Bearcat armored vehicle and several other units to surround the house. Officers used loudspeakers to order the residents to come out of the house with their hands up. No shots were fired, and there was no standoff.

The Clark County Sheriff’s Office is still investigating and anticipates additional arrests.

One neighbor said he woke up a bit after 5 a.m. and was told by police to stay inside his home.

Juli Lewis, who has lived near the raided house for several years, said she woke up to a loud bang around 5:30 a.m.

She wasn’t surprised that police were at the house but said she is glad they were.

“I love it,” she said. “I’m thrilled, as I’m sure everybody on this street is.”

That’s because she’s seen a lot of people entering and leaving the house for several months. “The people coming and going are not people I’d like in my neighborhood,” she said.

The house that was raided is a small, 30-year-old ranch-style house. County property records indicate it is owned by an Everett man.

The Safe Streets Task Force and Department of Corrections assisted in the raids.