Young La Center burn victim still in critical condition
Thursday, July 26, 2012
Addie Perrenoud, the 9-year-old girl whose clothes caught fire in her La Center home in late June, remained in critical condition at a Portland hospital Wednesday.
Perrenoud is in the Oregon Burn Center at Legacy Emanuel Medical Center in Portland, a hospital spokeswoman said.
Around 9:20 a.m. June 27, firefighters responded to a fire at the Perrenouds’ house at 652 W. Fifth St. in La Center. Crews arrived four minutes later and found Addie in the house with second- and third-degree burns on 75 percent of her body, Clark County Fire & Rescue Chief Dennis Mason said.
Firefighters say the girl was using a match in the bathroom, possibly to light a candle, when her flannel nightgown caught fire. Addie ran into the hallway. Her mother, Kelly Perrenoud, got her to the ground and put the fire out, Mason said.
Addie was sent to the burn center via Life Flight helicopter. Her mother was also taken to the burn center, where she was treated and released.