Man suffers facial burns in cooking fire

By Mark Bowder, Columbian assistant metro editor

Published:

 
105 E. Jones St.

A man suffered facial burns Saturday in a cooking fire at a Yacolt home, according to Fire District 13.

The fire at a rented mobile home at 105 E. Jones St. was reported at 7:14 p.m., according to dispatch records.

Tom McDowell, assistant chief for Fire District 13, said the fire started in a cooking pan.

Flames scorched cabinets but didn’t set them on fire.

A man covered the pan and was attempting to carry it out of the mobile home when flames shot up and burned his face. He dropped the burning pan. Fire scorched the floor but did not spread.

The man was transported by ambulance to a hospital. More information on his identity or condition was not available.