People in business
• Vancouver-based WRK Engineers has welcomed three new employees: Aaron Zyph, a structural designer; Jasmine Brenneman, a marketing coordinator; and John Rupp, a project manager. Zyph previously worked in building construction and Brenneman worked in marketing for a safety consulting firm and for an international design firm. Rupp's previous professional experience includes aiding recovery and reconstruction efforts in post-earthquake Haiti.
• Armand Stevens has been hired by Columbia Credit Union as assistant vice president and branch manager at the downtown location. Stevens, who has seven years of financial industry experience, will be responsible for the branch's production, sales and growth, as well as staff management and development.
• Matt Lee of Opsahl Dawson Certified Public Accountants has been elected president of the Southwest Chapter of the Washington Society of CPAs. Other officers selected for the 2012-13 term include: Julius Agbayani of Houck and Associates, P.C, vice-president; Ken Becker of Portland Nursery, treasurer; and David Stubing of Western Oregon University, secretary.
• Columbia West Engineering has added Mike Boronat to its staff as a project manager and technician supervisor in the special inspection division. Boronat has more than 17 years experience as an Oregon Department of Transportation-certified technician and inspector. Columbia is a locally owned and operated, full-service geotechnical, environmental and construction special inspection firm.
• Mackay & Sposito Inc. has added four new employees to its survey department: Ken Cochran, Michael Mashburn, Drew Moyer and Samantha Tanner. Cochran is a registered land surveyor in Oregon and Washington with experience in fieldwork for construction. Mashburn and Tanner are both land surveyors-in-training and both have degrees in geomatics. Moyer has several years of experience.
The Columbian welcomes submissions about Clark County residents or businesses, as well as regional business events. Information must be received by noon of the Tuesday preceding the intended Sunday publication date. Send to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax 360-735-4491. Sales awards are not published.