Clark County business briefs
Sunday, June 24, 2012
People in business
• LuWana Woodruff-Lentz has joined Columbia Bank as vice president and Small Business Administration loan officer in the Vancouver branch. She will be responsible for underwriting and closing government-guaranteed loans and working both with commercial and retail bankers. Woodruff-Lentz previously was vice president and relationship manager at West Coast Bank.
• Rob Katsuno is the new president of the board of directors at CDM Long-Term Care Services, a Vancouver nonprofit organization that provides in-home care, adult day services and other supportive services to seniors and adults with disabilities. He is a financial advisor for Ameriprise.
• Amber Corsen has been hired as a designer by Vancouver-based Erickson Structural Consulting Engineers. She is a graduate of Clark College and Portland State University.
• Jason Irving, a construction manager, has joined MacKay & Sposito, a multi-displinary design, land survey and construction management firm. He has a degree in civil engineering from Oregon State University and eight years of engineering experience.
Other business news
• Vancouver's Gougér Cellars won a medal for their wine at the 2012 San Francisco International Wine Competition earlier this month. They received an international gold medal for their Cabernet Sauvignon Blend 829. More than 4,500 wines were judged this year, the largest field in the competition's 32-year history. Winemaker and owner Gary Gougér opened the downtown winery, 1812 Washington St., in September 2009.
• Andy Nygard and his support staff, Kimberly Schenck and Randi McKenzie, of the financial services firm Edward Jones received the firm's Client Service Excellence award for being the No. 1 client service provider in their region and in the top 25 percent of client service providers in the country. Nygard's office is at 404 E. 15th St., Suite 4.
The Columbian welcomes submissions about Clark County residents or businesses, as well as regional business events. Information must be received by noon of the Tuesday preceding the intended Sunday publication date. Send to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax 360-735-4491. Sales awards are not published.