Crews repair Salmon Creek gas leak
Originally published June 28, 2012 at 10:32 a.m., updated June 28, 2012 at 10:16 p.m.
Firefighters and Northwest Natural Gas Co. crews responded to a minor gas leak in Salmon Creek on Thursday morning.
Clark County Fire District 6 responded to reports of an outside gas smell at 12511 N.E. 23rd Ave. (near the intersection of Highway 99 and Northeast 129th Street) just after 10 a.m., according to emergency dispatch logs.
Work crews in the area hit a natural gas line, said Dawn Johnson, spokeswoman for Clark County Fire District 6.
A firefighter described the line as a 2-inch, high-pressure line, according to radio traffic monitored at The Columbian.
Firefighters advised residents near the leak to stay inside.
NW Natural crews had gas shut off by 11:14 a.m. There were no signs of gas in the homes, a company spokeswoman said.