Firefighters knock out Battle Ground house fire

By Paul Suarez, Columbian web producer

Published:

Updated: March 1, 2012, 8:08 PM

 

Firefighters with Clark County Fire & Rescue and Clark County Fire District 3 quickly knocked out a reported cooking fire near Battle Ground High School on Thursday.

The fire was reported just before 3 p.m. at 804 N.E. 2nd Ave.

Two callers reported the blaze. One said the fire was a kitchen fire, the other said it was a grease fire, according to emergency radio traffic monitored at The Columbian.

Light smoke was escaping from one of the units, according to the first crew to arrive on scene. There was little if any damage and no one was reported injured, a fire official said Thursday night.

The fire was out within a few minutes of the first engine arriving.