PORT-OF-SPAIN, Trinidad (AP) — Former FIFA Vice President Jack Warner has told Trinidad’s Parliament he has adequately accounted for the nearly $1 million entrusted to him as a post-earthquake donation for Haiti.
Warner spoke Saturday after an opposition leader accused Trinidad’s prime minister of not holding Warner accountable for his actions as a government official. Warner serves as Trinidad’s minister of works.
Last month, Haitian officials told British newspaper The Sunday Times that they received only $60,000 of the $750,000 pledged by FIFA and South Korean soccer leader Chung Mong-joon for soccer-related rebuilding projects.
Warner has repeatedly denied the claim.