Power strip, chargers caused B.G. fire

Damage estimated at $100,000

By Paul Suarez, Columbian freelance

Published:

 

The fire that charred the garage of a Battle Ground home Monday afternoon was caused by an electrical problem, officials said.

Curtis Eavenson, a Clark County deputy fire marshal, said the cause involved a power strip and battery chargers for power tools.

“I don’t know exactly which one it was (that failed),” he said.

The fire caused an estimated $75,000 damage to the structure and $25,000 to contents, he said.

Crews with Clark County Fire & Rescue and Fire District 3 were called at 3:20 p.m. Monday to the house at 319 S.E. 20th Ave.