People in business
• Dr. Alden Roberts, chief medical officer of the PeaceHealth Columbia Network and vice president of Quality at PeaceHealth Southwest Medical Center has been appointed to the Washington State Medical Quality Assurance Commission. The 21-member commission is charged with promoting patient safety and enhancing the integrity of the medical profession in Washington. His term runs through June 30, 2018. Roberts, who is a member of the American College of Surgeons Professional Association, currently serves on the Emergency Medical Services Administrative Board and Public Health Advisory Council in Vancouver. He received the Distinguished Physician Award in 2005, and the Southwest Washington Medical Center Circle of Excellence Award in 2009.
• Vancouver attorney Meghan Williams has been elected one of 10 partners at Miller Nash Graham & Dunn, a West Coast multiservice law firm. Williams practice areas include business, mergers and acquisitions, and real estate. Williams works in the Vancouver office.
• Roy Heikkala, a general contractor and owner of Rite Mentor Investments, Inc., a development consulting firm, has been appointed to the Vancouver Housing Authority board of commissioners by Mayor Tim Leavitt. Heikkala replaces Ron Kawamoto, who retired from the VHA board in October. Heikkala has a 40-year background in commercial, industrial and residential construction. He has a bachelor’s degree from the University of Portland and a master’s degree from Portland State University.
• Phillip Cianni has been named as the new general manager of the McCord’s Vancouver Toyota dealership. Cianni has been in the auto industry for 14 years, developing his expertise through positions in sales and finance. Prior to becoming general manager, he worked for McCord’s as a sales manager for seven years. Cianni has been a Clark County resident for 34 years.
• James McPhee has just opened a State Farm Agency in the Union Ridge Business Park, 7509 Fifth St., Suite 113A, Ridgefield. The office is open 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Friday and 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday. 360-727-3321, email@example.com or www.jamesmcpheeinsurance.com.
The Columbian welcomes submissions about Clark County residents or businesses, as well as regional business events. Information must be received by noon of the Tuesday preceding the intended Sunday publication date. Send to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax 360-735-4598.