Two checked for smoke inhalation after sofa fire
Thursday, March 22, 2012
6811 N.E. 121st Ave.
Two people were being evaluated for possible smoke inhalation late Thursday after a sofa cushion caught fire in an apartment in east Vancouver.
The fire was reported at 10:30 p.m. in an apartment at 6811 N.E. 121st Ave., according to emergency radio traffic. Multiple callers reported seeing lots of smoke but no fire.
When firefighters arrived, they found that a sofa cushion in an apartment unit had caught fire, said Vancouver Fire Department Capt. Dave James.
He said the burning cushion had been taken out of the apartment and extinguished before firefighters arrived.
Ambulance crews from AMR were brought in to evaluate two people for possible smoke inhalation.