Unattended tea kettle starts Wash. house fire

Published:

 

HOQUIAM, Wash. (AP) -- A fire chief says two Hoquiam, Wash., adults escaped from a house fire that started with an unattended tea kettle.

Hoquiam Fire Chief Ray Pumphrey tells KBKW that a renter reported she put a tea pot on the stove and then went to lie down Friday evening. Arriving fire crews could see flames coming out of an upstairs window.

Pumphrey said he knows that one of three dogs in the house got out safely. The status of the other two was unclear.

___

Information from: KBKW-AM, http://kbkw.com