SEATTLE (AP) -- Firefighters responding to an electrical fire at a south Seattle restaurant found hundreds of marijuana plants growing in the basement.
KOMO-TV reports (http://is.gd/Z6Tnh8 ) that police say the growers had bypassed a power meter and added so much electrical load to the system for lights and a fan that it overheated and sparked the fire Monday.
Seattle City Light's Jeff Joy calls it a "massive, dangerous situation."
In all, investigators found more than 470 plants.
No customers were inside when the fire began.
The fire reportedly temporarily knocked out power to an entire block.
The investigation continues.
Information from: KOMO-TV, http://www.komotv.com/