Shorty’s Garden and Home: 10006 Mill Plain Blvd. Events are free unless noted. Register: 360-892-7880 or http://shortysgardenandhome.com/?cid=998.
• Veggies & Edibles 101: 10 a.m. to noon or 1 to 3 p.m. May 19. Join the comprehensive discussion of veggie gardening. Topics include soil composting, fertilizing, seed starting, planting and suggestions for varieties and strategies for watering and garden layout. Garden raffle after the class.
• Spring Containers: 10 a.m. to noon May 20. Join Kellie Sinclair in discussing design concepts, styles and pertinent plants for containers to help you build your own custom container.
Tsugawa Nursery: 410 E. Scott Ave., Woodland. Events are free unless noted. Register: 360-225-8750 or http://tsugawanursery.com.
• Potting Party: 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. June 2. Bring a container to learn about creating potted arrangements. Soil, fertilizer and help provided.
• Algae Control: 11 a.m. June 9. Learn to control algae in water gardens, with tips to keep the pond, fish and plants healthy.
• Bonsai Class: 11 a.m. June 16. Discuss basic summer care for bonsai trees along with emergency care.
• Summer Pruning of Fruit Trees: 11 a.m. June 23. Learn how to develop a strong tree framework to support fruit.
Fort Vancouver Rose Society Annual Rose Show: 1-5 p.m. June 23 at First Church of God, 3300 N.E. 78th St. See more than 1,000 varieties of roses competing for trophies and Queen of Show, with plants available for purchase. 360-696-1331.
How to Maintain and Sharpen Garden Tools: 10 a.m. to noon May 19 at CASEE, Room 202, 11104 N.E. 149th St., Brush Prairie. Bring your home pruners, loppers and questions. $15 per class; free for members. firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
Pomeroy Living History Farm Herb and Garden Festival: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. May 19 and 1-5 p.m. May 20 at 20902 N.E. Lucia Falls Road, Yacolt. Herb and garden plants will be for sale; there will be vendors, entertainment and food for sale. Funds raised support educational programs. Admission and parking are free; donations accepted. 360-686-3537.
VanRidge Garden Club: 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. May 21 at Pleasant View Church of the Nazarene, 801 N.E. 194th St., Ridgefield. Program: “Love of Gardening” followed by auction, potluck.
Mount Pleasant Iris Farm National Display Garden: Open Friday, Saturday and Sunday through July 5. Free. Six miles east of Washougal on state Highway 14 at Milepost 23. 360-835-1016 or http://mtpleasantiris.com. 360-574-7965.
Camas-Washougal Community Garden Club: 1 p.m. the fourth Wednesday of each month, Camas Community Center, 1817 S.E. Seventh Ave., Camas. 360-835-1656.
• Annual Plant Sale: 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. May 19 at Scout Hall in Crown Park, Northeast 15th Avenue and Everett Street, Camas. Featuring vegetable starts, perennials, sedums and gardening information.
Open Garden Tour: Mount Pleasant Iris Farm, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Friday to Sunday through July 15. Free. Six miles east of Washougal on state Highway 14 at Milepost 23. 360-835-1016 or http://mtpleasantiris.com.
Fort Vancouver Rose Society meeting: 7 to 9 p.m. the first Thursday of each month, Clark County Genealogy Annex, 7165 Grand Blvd. Free. 360-696-1331.
Vancouveria Garden Club: 12:30 to 3 p.m. the third Tuesday of each month, Covington House, 4201 Main St. 360-936-6515.
Vancouver Chrysanthemum Society: 2:30 p.m. third Mondays, Heritage Farm, 1919 N.E. 78th St. 360-896-7278.
Send information to firstname.lastname@example.org.