Tigard fire originated at baseboard heater
Thursday, May 17, 2012
TIGARD, Ore. (AP) -- Investigators say a fire that damaged a Tigard senior apartment complex late Wednesday was caused by combustibles placed too close to a baseboard heater.
Tualatin Valley Fire and Rescue responded to the blaze at about 10:30 p.m., when the fire had already consumed a ground-level apartment and the second-story apartment above. Firefighters prevented the flames from spreading to adjacent apartments.
Investigators said Thursday that the fire started in the front bedroom of the ground-floor unit.
No one was injured in the fire, but two units were heavily damaged and three people displaced.