Sunday, November 11, 2012
What's open and what's closed today and Monday for Veterans Day:
• GARBAGE: Waste Connections will operate on its regular schedule. In Camas, pickups normally done Monday will be made Tuesday.
• MAIL: Post offices closed. No home delivery except Express Mail. The postal unit at the Fisher's Landing Shell gas station, 16320 S.E. Cascade Park Drive, is open 8:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. on Monday. The postal unit at Shell, 1605 N.W. Sixth Ave., Camas, is open 5 a.m. to 2 a.m. every day.
• PUBLIC SCHOOLS: Closed Monday.
• COLLEGES: No classes at Clark College or Washington State University Vancouver on Monday.
• PUBLIC LIBRARIES: Fort Vancouver Regional Library at Westfield Vancouver mall closed Sunday. All FVRL locations open Monday. Camas Public Library closed Sunday and Monday.
• BUSES: C-Tran and TriMet buses follow regular schedules.
• GOVERNMENT: Offices closed.
• BANKS: Most closed. Some in-store branches might be open.
• U.S. FINANCIAL MARKETS: Open Monday.
• DRIVER LICENSING: Closed.
• VEHICLE LICENSING: Closed.
• EMISSIONS TESTING: Closed.
• CLARK PUBLIC UTILITIES: Offices closed. For 24-hour customer service, call 360-992-3000. For outages or emergencies, call 360-992-8000.
• FIRSTENBURG COMMUNITY CENTER: Open regular hours.
• MARSHALL COMMUNITY CENTER: Open regular hours.
• ZOO: The Oregon Zoo in Portland is open 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
• THE COLUMBIAN: Open 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday. The circulation line, 360-694-2312, is open 4:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.