Clark County business briefs
Sunday, November 11, 2012
People in business
• Stevenson-based Skamania Lodge has added Susan Renner to its group sales team as national sales manager. Renner brings nearly two decades of experience in hospitality sales to her new role with the Columbia River Gorge resort.
• Khanh Tygart has been hired by WRK Engineers of Vancouver as a project engineer. Tygart has expertise in industrial seismic equipment anchorage, support structure design and project engineering for specialized transportation infrastructure. He received his bachelor's and master's degrees from Oregon State University.
• Charlie Kleier, a longtime investment broker and partner with NAI Norris Beggs & Simpson, has taken over leadership of its Vancouver office. Kleier, 47, succeeds Roger Qualman, who now reports to the company's Portland office. Kleier will oversee a staff of 14 employees at NAI Norris Beggs & Simpson's downtown Vancouver office. NAI Norris Beggs & Simpson made Kleier a partner in 2004.
• Vancouver-based Creekside Mortgage, Inc. has recently added two members to its team. Thor Hoffman of Vancouver has been hired as an administrative assistant, and Ashleigh Simons of Milwaukie, Ore., is the new marketing specialist. Hoffman will return to Clark College in January to continue his studies but continue working.
• Vancouver's Olson Engineering Inc. has named three new associate principals in the firm: Mike Odren, a registered landscape architect and land-use planner for the firm since 2002; Richard Prouse, a professional engineer who has been with the firm since 1999; and John Blaikie, a professional licensed land surveyor and certified federal surveyor.
The Columbian welcomes submissions about Clark County residents or businesses, as well as regional business events. Information must be received by noon of the Tuesday preceding the intended Sunday publication date. Send to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax 360-735-4491. Sales awards are not published.