Thursday, November 15, 2012
Tsugawa Nursery: 410 E. Scott Ave., Woodland. Events are free unless noted. Register: http://tsugawanursery.com or 360-225-8750.
• Wreaths and centerpieces: 1 p.m. Nov. 17. Learn to make Thanksgiving wreaths for the front door or a centerpiece. $35.
• What to do in the garden: 11 a.m. Dec. 1. Covers monthly tasks, including pruning, spraying, general cleanup. Registration required.
Shorty’s Garden and Home: 10006 Mill Plain Blvd. Events are free unless noted. Register: 360-892-7880 or http://shortysgardenandhome.com/?cid=998.
• Thanksgiving centerpieces: 10 a.m. to noon Nov. 17. Kellie Sinclair will lead this hands-on class. $25 fee covers supplies.
• Hellebores for the Holidays & Beyond: 1 to 3 p.m. Nov. 17. Join Katie Miller of Skagit Gardens to learn about uses for hellebores in holiday displays.
• Holiday Wreaths and Centerpieces: 10 a.m. to noon Nov. 24, Dec. 1 and Dec. 8. Join Kellie Sinclair in designing, building and creating your own holiday wreaths, centerpieces, door swags and other indoor and outdoor Christmas accents.
Plant propagation: 10 a.m. to noon Nov. 17 at CASEE, Room 205, 11104 N.E. 149th St., Brush Prairie. Learn plant propagation techniques. Class will be indoors with a presentation on plant choice suggestions, the benefits of plant propagation; and weather dependent, a tour of the Wildlife Botanical Gardens. NatureScaping classes are free for members, or $15 for nonmembers. Register: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
Fort Vancouver Rose Society meeting: 7 to 9 p.m. first Thursday of the month, Clark County Genealogy Annex, 7165 Grand Blvd. Free. 360-696-1331.
Vancouveria Garden Club: 12:30 to 3 p.m. third Tuesday of each month, Covington House, 4201 Main St. 360-936-6515.
Vancouver Chrysanthemum Society: 2:30 p.m. third Mondays, Heritage Farm, 1919 N.E. 78th St. 360-696-9617.
Send information to firstname.lastname@example.org.