Holiday closures: Thanksgiving
Wednesday, November 21, 2012
What's open and what's closed for Thanksgiving:
• MAIL: No home delivery except Express Mail. The postal unit at the Shell gas station at Fisher's Landing, 16320 S.E. Cascade Park Drive, is open 8:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. The postal unit at Shell, 1605 N.W. Sixth Ave., Camas, is open 5 a.m. to 2 a.m. every day of the year. Post offices open Friday; mail delivered.
• GARBAGE: Thursday's trash and recyclables in Vancouver and most of Clark County will be picked up Friday; Friday's trash and recyclables will be collected Saturday. In Camas, Thursday's trash and recyclables will be picked up Monday with Monday's regular collections, and Friday's trash and recyclables will be picked up with Tuesday's collections.
• TRANSFER STATIONS: West Van Materials Recovery Center, 6601 N.W. Old Lower River Road, and Central Transfer and Recycling Center, 11034 N.E. 117th Ave., closed Thursday, open Friday.
• PUBLIC SCHOOLS: No classes Thursday and Friday.
• COLLEGES: No classes at Washington State University Vancouver and Clark College Thursday and Friday.
• GOVERNMENT: City, county and state offices closed Thursday, Friday. Federal offices closed Thursday, open Friday.
• ANIMAL SHELTER: Humane Society for Southwest Washington shelter closed Thursday, open Friday.
• LIBRARIES: Fort Vancouver Regional Library headquarters and branch libraries closed Thursday, open Friday. Camas Public Library closed Thursday and Friday.
• BUSES: C-Tran and TriMet follow Sunday schedules Thursday. C-Tran follows reduced service schedule Friday. TriMet will provide regular service Friday.
• PARKING: Meters in downtown Vancouver free Thursday.
• DRIVER'S LICENSING: Offices closed Thursday and Friday.
• VEHICLE LICENSING: Offices closed Thursday and Friday.
• VEHICLE EMISSIONS: Closed Thursday, open Friday.
• CLARK PUBLIC UTILITIES: Office closed Thursday, open Friday. For outages or emergencies, call 360-992-3000.
• ZOO: Oregon Zoo open 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Thursday and Friday.
• BANKS: Closed Thursday, open Friday.
• FINANCIAL MARKETS: New York Stock Exchange, Nasdaq and other markets closed Thursday. Markets close early Friday, at 10 a.m. Pacific time.
• MARSHALL COMMUNITY CENTER: Closed Thursday, open 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Friday.
• FIRSTENBURG COMMUNITY CENTER: Closed Thursday, open 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Friday.
• CLARK COUNTY HISTORICAL MUSEUM: Closed Thursday and Friday.
• WESTFIELD VANCOUVER MALL: Closed Thursday until midnight, then open until 9 p.m. Friday. About 60 percent of the small stores open at midnight. Anchor stores have different hours: J.C. Penney closed Thursday, open 6 a.m. to 11 p.m. Friday; Macy's closed Thursday, open midnight to 11 p.m. Friday; Sears open from 8 p.m. Thursday until 9 p.m. Friday; Nordstrom closed Thursday, open 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. Friday.
• THE COLUMBIAN: Offices closed Thursday. Circulation customer service, 360-694-2312, open from 4:30 a.m. to noon. Open regular hours Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Circulation customer service open 4:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.