Holiday closures: Friday
Thursday, November 22, 2012
What's open and what's closed on Friday:
• MAIL: Post offices open; mail delivered.
• GARBAGE: Thursday's trash and recyclables in Vancouver and most of Clark County will be picked up today; Friday's trash and recyclables will be collected Saturday. In Camas, Thursday's trash and recyclables will be picked up Monday with Monday's regular collections, and Friday's trash and recyclables will be picked up with Tuesday's collections.
• TRANSFER STATIONS: West Van Materials Recovery Center, 6601 N.W. Old Lower River Road, and Central Transfer and Recycling Center, 11034 N.E. 117th Ave., are open.
• PUBLIC SCHOOLS: No classes today.
• COLLEGES: No classes at Washington State University Vancouver and Clark College.
• GOVERNMENT: City, county and state offices closed. Federal offices open.
• ANIMAL SHELTER: Humane Society for Southwest Washington shelter open.
• LIBRARIES: Fort Vancouver Regional Library open. Camas Public Library closed.
• BUSES: C-Tran on reduced-service schedule. TriMet on regular schedule.
• PARKING: Fees enforced at meters in downtown Vancouver today.
• DRIVER'S LICENSING: Closed.
• VEHICLE LICENSING: Closed.
• VEHICLE EMISSIONS: Open.
• CLARK PUBLIC UTILITIES: Open. For outages or emergencies, call 360-992-3000.
• ZOO: Oregon Zoo open.
• BANKS: Open.
• FINANCIAL MARKETS: New York Stock Exchange, Nasdaq and other markets close at 10 a.m. Pacific time today.
• MARSHALL COMMUNITY CENTER: Open.
• FIRSTENBURG COMMUNITY CENTER: Open.
• CLARK COUNTY HISTORICAL MUSEUM: Closed.
• WESTFIELD VANCOUVER MALL: Open from midnight to 9 p.m. today. Anchor stores have different hours: J.C. Penney open 6 a.m. to 11 p.m.; Macy's open midnight to 11 p.m.; Sears open from 8 p.m. Thursday to 9 p.m. today; Nordstrom open 8 a.m. to 9 p.m.
• THE COLUMBIAN: Open regular hours today, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Circulation customer service open 4:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.