Columbus Day closures
Monday, October 8, 2012
What's open and what's closed today for Columbus Day:
• FEDERAL OFFICES AND COURTS: Closed today, one of 10 federal holidays.
• STATE OFFICES: Open.
• COUNTY OFFICES: Open.
• MAIL: Most post offices closed. No home delivery except for Express Mail.
• COLLEGES: Clark College and Washington State University open.
• GARBAGE: Collection on regular schedule.
• PUBLIC SCHOOLS: Open.
• LIBRARIES: Open.
• BUSES: C-Tran and TriMet on regular schedules.
• DRIVER'S LICENSING: Open.
• VEHICLE LICENSING: Open.
• VEHICLE EMISSIONS: Test stations open.
• CLARK PUBLIC UTILITIES: Offices open. For 24-hour customer service, call 360-992-3000. For outages or emergencies, call 360-992-8000.
• BANKS: Most closed; some branches will be open. Check your bank for details.
• FINANCIAL MARKETS: New York Stock Exchange, Nasdaq and other markets open.
• THE COLUMBIAN: Offices open.