DURHAM, N.C. (AP) -- Mike Krzyzewski says Duke is cooperating fully with the inquiry into whether any NCAA rules were broken when former player Lance Thomas purchased nearly $100,000 in jewelry during the 2010 national championship season.
The Duke coach said Friday during the team's media day that he hadn't previously commented on it because "we want to honor the integrity of that process."
Krzyzewski says in early September, he was made aware of a lawsuit filed against Thomas. He contacted Duke's administration, and those officials reached out to the NCAA "to go through a process of seeing what happened."
Thomas was sued in January by a New York jeweler claiming he was owed $67,800 for five pieces of jewelry Thomas purchased during his senior season in December 2009. That lawsuit has been settled.