Small fire closes Washougal pizza eatery
Tuesday, October 16, 2012
A small fire in the chimney at Hearth, a wood-fired pizza restaurant and bistro in Washougal, briefly closed the restaurant Tuesday night. The Washougal Fire Department was dispatched at 7:15 p.m. to the restaurant in the Washougal Town Square at 1700 Main St.
Captain Greg Payne said embers were burning in the flue above the roof line. The fire did not spread to the restaurant and firefighters quickly extinguished the embers. Payne said the restaurant will reopen Wednesday.