Holiday closures: Labor Day
Sunday, September 2, 2012
What's open and what's closed today for Labor Day:
• GARBAGE: Waste Connections will operate on its regular schedule. In Camas, today's pickups will be made Tuesday.
• MAIL: Post offices closed. No home delivery except Express Mail. The postal unit at the Shell gas station at Fisher's Landing, 16320 S.E. Cascade Park Drive, is open 24 hours a day every day.
• PUBLIC SCHOOLS: Closed.
• COLLEGES: No classes at Clark College or Washington State University Vancouver.http://www.columbian.com/admin/news/story/162769/#
• PUBLIC LIBRARIES: Closed.
• BUSES: C-Tran buses follow Sunday/holiday schedules. TriMet buses, MAX and Portland Streetcar follow Sunday schedules.
• GOVERNMENT: Offices closed.
• BANKS: Most closed. Some in-store branches might be open.
• U.S. FINANCIAL MARKETS: Closed.
• DRIVER LICENSING: Closed.
• VEHICLE LICENSING: Closed.
• EMISSIONS TESTING: Closed.
• CLARK PUBLIC UTILITIES: Offices closed. For 24-hour customer service, call 360-992-3000. For outages or emergencies, call 360-992-8000.
• FIRSTENBURG COMMUNITY CENTER: Closed.
• MARSHALL COMMUNITY CENTER: Closed.
• WESTFIELD VANCOUVER MALL: Open 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. Hours of department stores and restaurants might vary.
• ZOO: The Oregon Zoo in Portland is open 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
• THE COLUMBIAN: Closed. The circulation line, 360-694-2312, is open 4:30 a.m. to noon.