Tsugawa Nursery: 410 E. Scott Ave., Woodland. Events are free unless noted. Register: http://tsugawanursery.com or 360-225-8750.
• Design Coaching — You Design, You Save: By appointment, Sept. 22. For one hour, a member of the design team will help you with ideas to create a landscape of your dreams. $35.
• Potting Party: 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Sept. 29. Bring your own containers and we will provide the soil, fertilizer and the hands-on help to create containers for your patio or entry.
• What to Do in the Garden?: 11 a.m. Oct. 6. Bring pictures and samples for the monthly seminar on general landscape and garden upkeep.
• Bonsai — Strange and Unique: 11 a.m. Oct. 20 Bonsai experts will be on hand to show interesting and unique bonsai, including indoor bonsai, and what to do to make them thrive.
• Topiary Workshop: 11 a.m. Oct. 27. Bring your garden gloves and learn how to create and maintain spiral topiary. $70, includes supplies. Registration required.
Shorty's Garden and Home: 10006 Mill Plain Blvd. Events are free unless noted. Register: 360-892-7880 or http://shortysgardenandhome.com/?cid=998.
• Deer-resistant Plants: 10 a.m. to noon Sept. 29. Learn to design your landscape with varieties that are naturally not that appetizing to deer.
• Fall Container Design: 10 a.m. to noon Oct. 6. Join Geoffrey Meade for this hands-on design session. Refresh your containers and learn to build fall planters.
Rain Barrel Workshop: 9 to 11 a.m. Oct. 6, Heritage Farm, 1919 N.E. 78th St. Watershed stewards will help participants build a rain barrel. Fee: $35. Register: http://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/265524 or 360-397-6060, ext. 5712.
NatureScaping presents Gardening with Pets: 10 a.m. to noon Oct. 20, Garden Delights Farm, 11104 N.E. 149th St., Brush Prairie. Learn about pet-friendly plants and those to avoid. Fee: $15. Register: email@example.com.
Hulda Klager Lilac Gardens business meeting: 1 p.m. Sept. 25, 115 S. Pekin Road, Woodland. Angelica Velazquez of Cowlitz County Noxious Weed Control will speak about identifying and getting rid of noxious weeds. 360-606-7359 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Camas-Washougal Community Garden Club: 1 p.m. Sept. 26 at Camas Community Center, 1817 S.E. Seventh Ave., Camas. Amy Scott, master canner, will present "Safe Canning" and offer free testing of canning gauges. Bring complete canner. Visitors welcome. 360-210-8012.
Fort Vancouver Rose Society meeting: 7 to 9 p.m. first Thursday of the month, Clark County Genealogy Annex, 7165 Grand Blvd. Free. 360-696-1331.
Vancouveria Garden Club: 12:30 to 3 p.m. third Tuesday of each month, Covington House, 4201 Main St. 360-936-6515.
Vancouver Chrysanthemum Society: 2:30 p.m. third Mondays, Heritage Farm, 1919 N.E. 78th St. 360-896-7278.
Send information to email@example.com.