Letter: Rules for congressional aspirants
Friday, September 21, 2012
Job applications requirements for congressional members:
• Be accomplished at double-speak, half-truths and outright prevarications.
• Ignore the country's needs and always follow party lines.
• Be willing to be influenced by the largest campaign contributors and place their agenda ahead of the country's good.
• Always be ready to increase congressional salaries and budgets.
• Stand at the ready to go on numerous vacations and breaks when the country is in a crisis, using the 2008 fiscal crisis as a model.
• Continue the partisan bickering instead of problem solving.
• Learn to maintain a "sincere" fixed smile like House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi's.
• Attend Rep. Todd Akin's class on a Women's Reproductive System.
Those unwilling to accept these requirements need not apply.
Wilfred J. Hudson